Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve

Just stepped out for supplies (no, not groceries, Mother Hubbard's cupboard will stay bare until after this holiday crap is over with).  You know, cigarettes and beer.  Don't have to worry about having enough for PT; he doesn't smoke and I finally decided after six years of waiting for him to shit or get off the pot, I gave him the gate.  NEXT!  So, once again it's me and the dogs hangin' together, but we're used to that.  I also purchased a ticket on the lottery (which I only do when the pot is gettin' large) so when I cash my ticket next week Mr. & Mrs. Andy and I can celebrate my birthday at Buck's in New Mexico or Dad's in the real Mexico.  We'll see.
Sorry, the train just totally got derailed and I don't remember where I was going with this.
Oh ya.  When I stepped out, I realized what a good job the kid did of shovelling the walk.  I mentioned in an earlier post that maybe I'd wait 'til the kid showed up.  Well he finally did.  Only several weeks late.  I tell you, if someone had offered me $10 a trip to keep the walks cleared when I was 13, I would have been all over that like a fat kid on a Smartie!  He could have made over $100 so far, but I guess you snooze, you lose and he only made $40 nstead.  It snowed here for the last couple of days and he called last night and came over at around 6 with a friend and they had a lot cleared within and hour (he didn't get the whole deck cleared last time, it's 16' x 40'(?) which is great in the summer but not so much in the winter) and I called them in; it was way too cold for them to stay out much longer than they had been.  I'm not an ogre. 
Anyway, if he keeps at it on a regular basis, he should have it done by March.  Or April.  Or even May, but not any time soon the rate he's going.

2 comments:

  1. Heh. Kids these days! ;-)

    Well, I'm good-to-go on supplies, having made sure I was all set before the weirdness set in. But I WILL have to venture out tomorrow to fetch a couple of necessities, like half and half. Which might could be problematic, but we won't go into detail here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I ventured out the other day I forgot to look to see if the gas station where I get smokes also carried sugar for my tea. Dang, I'm just not quite sweet enough without it and I've had to do the naked tea thing for a couple o' days now.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but also remember that as bad as I can be, my niece may be reading this so behave!