Tuesday, December 28, 2010

from my email inbox this morning, a Lesson on France


8 comments:

  1. OK, I suffered up to and including the 1:55 mark before I quit. Maher is an insufferable asshat, a bigot of the politically correct persuasion. YMMV, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure at what point I stopped watching, but Buck speaks for me as well.

    I know several French people in my area who moved to the U.S. because France was...well, France.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hrm...I'm not sure he should speak that way if he wanted to be taken seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to have offended. I put it up more for the fact of the voting percentage and the privacy issues of our politicians than anything else. It speaks for both sides of the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the whole thing. And, I was not one bit offended.

    It's Bill Maher...you expect asshattery. One thing the French do have right is nuclear power. Of course, Maher neglects the rioting Muslims, but honestly I think the French are making some strides there.

    Personally, I'm glad 85% of Americans don't vote. In fact, we have too many ill-informed, lazy, welfare types that vote now...put 'em on the bus, buy 'em a pack of smokes, and they keep the crooks in charge.

    France has a geographic advantage (as does Canada). They know they could practically disband their military, cut defense spending to almost nil, and still be protected. I won't go so far as to say that about Canada, but I've heard other Canadians say it. In fact, some of my favorite bloggers are Canadian, and I truly enjoy their kindred love of liberty, and their continual warnings to, and hopes for their brethren to the south.

    Still in all, I'd like to see us take the French approach to energy independence.

    Nude beaches? I've got nothing against them, except for the 99% of the truly normal/to ugly visitors, that should stay hid out of compassion for all.

    And one more thing. Maher said, "France has public intellectuals." Coming from Maher, that just made me giggle. Nyuk...

    I'm sure he fashions himself to be one.

    Nyuk...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy
    Nude beaches? I've got nothing against them, except for the 99% of the truly normal/to ugly visitors, that should stay hid out of compassion for all.
    I've seen a few that had suits on that should have stayed hid. Ever been to a hotel pool in Florida or Vegas (course it's not limited to just those places, I've seen a few up here too)? EEK! As the great Scotty said, " Aye Captain, there be whales aboard!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't offended, Deb. As Andy noted, given it was Maher one KNEW what to expect going in. All our lib'ruls LOVE the douchebag and I fully understand why.

    I don't have anything against France. I lived there for three years as a child but that was before they went waaay too far down the socialist road. I've been back several times since my childhood and there's not a better place in the world to eat. Or girl-watch (in the summer).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't offended, Deb. I would have to respect Maher in order or him to be able to offend me. I just think he's a dimwit. And, for the record, I don't think much of Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh, et al, either.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but also remember that as bad as I can be, my niece may be reading this so behave!