This morning one of our service guys was in the office waiting to be directed as to where to go. We got to talking and he told me about how he was told that he could go out and get any service contracts at hotels etc. that he wanted and that while he was in his interview he was told that the company wanted to be up to 20 service vans by next year.
Seems that the story has changed. He's expected to go out and find the work and also to do it as well. WTF??? How the hell can you be on the road finding work and DOING it at the same time as well as being dispatched out of the office to jobs here and there? (most of which have already been completed, somebody really needs to get organized) I guess the boss (A L) told him this morning that if he couldn't find enough work to keep himself busy he wasn't needed here. NICE. Seems he's been working half days for a while and he has a family to feed so that just doesn't cut it in my eyes.
Well, I've been playing this game here in town for 10 years and I know which contractors to go to for what and I gave him a couple of names. One of them my friend Andy. He talked to the first guy and I shot an email over to Andy about him. The first guy said to send in a resume, Andy said to come in for an interview. Guess what? HE GOT THE JOB! Yippee. Paolo is a great guy, knows his stuff and is a go-getter of the first degree. He's been hired as a service manager and salesman at the company that Andy works for and is sooooo grateful for the lead that he's taking me to lunch Sunday.
But I didn't do anything other than send him over; he sold himself.
Bon Appétit
ReplyDeleteIsn't the snow beautiful ....
I like happy endings.
ReplyDeleteGood on you! This guy owes you, big time!
ReplyDeleteThis happens all TOO rarely; it's good to hear a "good news" story every so often. Good On the Both of Ya!
ReplyDeleteThat's my girl! You're one of the good ones, my friend. Worth more than your teeney-assed weight in gold. I thank God for you every single night.
ReplyDeleteBe good to yourself Deb. You so deserve it.
Deb, it feels good, don't it?
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right...good guys like Paolo make their own good fortune. They impress others that they work with, and that ALWAYS leads to good things...even if they move on...it's always better!
Good job, gal!