Saturday, April 30, 2011

from my inbox this morning

What follows is an email exchange between Dad and I this morning.  Remember, he lives in Mexico.

subject line: Rotties

I  was walking near home today when a honkin big pick[-up] drives off the hiway onto the frontage road and rolls down the window and says "Art Wait." It's a lady vet friend of mine from Guad and she has a beautiful but thin 1 1/2  yr old Rottie bitch in the back of the truck and she's insisting she's gonna give me the dog right now because she's relocating the dog for a client who can't keep her and she planned to take her to a ranch as a guard dog but when she met her she said there's no way this sweety is gonna live where she doesn't get people contact. I took her out of the crate for little walk on the frontage road and she probably hasn't been on a leash more than a dozen times in her life but when she realized she was going to be okay she was more like a lap sittin' kissy faced golden retriever. So I convinced the vet to hold her for 2 days and tonite I'm calling in some markers hoping to find this girl a home. Couldn't help but share this with you after reading about the Budda. Hope spring has finally found you. Love Dad

Spring? What's that? Woke to snow again yesterday. Is it ever going to stop?


Enough wankin'. Hope you find a home for that very sweet sounding girl. If your markers fall through, you could deliver her up here. ;)
 
 
I'd take her in a heartbeat, she sounds like she's going to turn in to a really nice dog.

2 comments:

  1. Is it ever going to stop?

    That reminds me of what my FIL useta say about the WX in Michigan's Thumb: "Ten months of winter and two months of bad sledding."

    It'll stop. Eventually. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowed here the other night too. Yes is it ever going to stop!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but also remember that as bad as I can be, my niece may be reading this so behave!