So. Prince William, eldest son of the late Diana, Princess of Wales is getting married to Kate (of who knows where or what). Of the roughly 250 invited guests, there are reported to be 6 (count 'em, 6) ex boy/girlfriends on the list. How very bizarre is that?
This situation opened up a conversation this morning on the radio about if you would invite an ex to your wedding, which ended up being with most people replying 'NO'.
One lady called in and said that at her girlfriend's wedding, her future MIL had brought the groom's ex as a guest! How much of a slap in the face is that?
And in other news we're expecting another 2" of snow over night. Can someone please make it stop? Any volunteers to do the world-famous naked sun-and-heat dance in the front yard to ward off the evil snow gods? Anybody? Anybody?
I've landed enough work so far this year to keep the guys in the field busy for the rest of the year. I wonder if the lads will let me run at least one of these projects, at least that would keep me busier than I have been lately. Funny how you get promised a whole lot of things during an interview that never come to pass. They just finally (after 6 months) decided to order me some business cards. YeeHaw, we be movin' to the big time! Beware the coffee shop interview!
I still haven't got the hideous wall paper stripped in either my room or the second spare bedroom, bin too busy with the curling. I guess as soon as the last bosnspiel (curling speak for tournament) is over this weekend I'll have to get after it, I'm tired of living in a half-done house. But then the landlord is going to replace the fence this summer and then the flooring next year. Wouldn't the flooring have been a whole lot easier before I moved in, lock, stock, dogs, and a lot of over-sized furniture? He did the deck before I moved in. Had an energy assement done, had the basement and attic re-insulated and got his 'guy' to replace the windows (which is still only half done and I can't replace the drapes that Jazz shredded and put the blinds up 'cause they'll just take them down to replace the windows and I hate doing any task twice! I haven't even re-hung my artwork, the walls need an extra coat and they'll just take it down. Again. Sigh...)
It does seem a little tacky having an X at the wedding, times have changed I guess.
ReplyDeleteSnow! I won't bore you with our 75 degree days and trees and flowers out here on the ridge.
I always thought curling was kind of like playing horse shoes in slow motion. It does take a lot of skill to do it well. Fun to watch too.
Hope the house gets back in order for you, having things all messed up kind of gets old after a while.
Sounds like you are going to be busy!
Scooney curling has been described as chess on ice; if I go here, he's going to go there. I love watching it 'cause I love to play pool. It's not what you sink so much as what you leave.
ReplyDeleteBusiness cards? Girl, you have arrived!!!
ReplyDeleteA woman's work is never done.
ReplyDeleteI say no to ex's at the wedding, but I guess if you have dated only the rich and famous, who else do you invite?
How very bizarre is that?
ReplyDeleteWell, I was pretty miffed I didn't get invited to the ex's wedding. It was ME who introduced her to the new husband, after all, and the new husband and I were good friends (at one point in time). There's gratitude for ya. ;-)
Moogie, with my cell number on 'em an' everythang!
ReplyDeleteLou, you're right, it seems a neverending thing.
Buck, maybe she felt uncomfortable about it. Or he did. He didn't happen along while you guys were still together did he (not that it's any of my business)?
Deb, If I had any exes (thanx be to the higher powers I don't) it would be like that George Strait song: All My Exes Live in Texas...That's Why I Live in Tennessee. I can't begin to get my mind around having one at a wedding.
ReplyDeleteI've got a suggestion to stop the snow. Download and print off the pics of Buck's naked foot and Andy's knees and then stick them on a stake in your front yard. The snow gods would do a double take. It's not the nekkid dance you were talking about but it just might work:-)
He didn't happen along while you guys were still together did he
ReplyDeleteIn a word, yes. I was bein' sarcastic to THE MAX with my original comment. We were all good friends for years until she began sleeping with him.
I just might have to do that Dan. We got another 8" over night.
ReplyDeleteOOPS, sorry Buck. Didn't mean to poke the bear with that one.