... I didn't understand
That you could have pockets
Overflowing with determination
You give it all you got
With no congratulations
And still be at the bottom of the hill...
...Sitting on a suitcase
Crossing fingers counting the days til it arrived
I was sure that it was coming
But somehow it just passed me by
Oh how could I be so naive
I always thought this train would stop for me...
Says a whole lot to me, especially about the position of women in my chosen profession.
Another is this particular gem.
...You can't jump in the water
With one foot out and one foot in
I think I'd rather just be alone
Than to try and love that way again...
One more crumb
That won't fill me up
One more sip
That won't fill my cup
Don't ask me for another night
'Cause baby I can't
I'm tired of calling cabs in the morning light
With my high heels in my hand...
Sorry if I sond a little maudlin today, Gentle Reader. I must just be tired
Deb, Country music and Bluegrass is where it's at! Good songs, I liked them both.
ReplyDeleteEvery one's allowed to get "down in the dumps" once in a while, maybe it happens when we start thinking about the past too much. Mistakes, how it could have been better, all of those things.
Every things gonna be awright!
Thanks Scooney. I know all will be right with the world. Sometimes I just forget. :)
ReplyDeleteSorry if I sond a little maudlin today, Gentle Reader.
ReplyDeleteIt happens. More often for some than others, but I get your drift. And "things" always get better.
CDJ speaks for me with that "whole thing" sentiment. Or perhaps "real thing." Having known the latter it's hard to settle for a suitable substitute, mainly coz there ain't one.
I'm pickin' up what yer layin' down Buck. That's prob'ly why that song so reaches out and grabs me.
ReplyDeleteBTW Buck, thanks for trusting me and listening to both (not bad for someone who's not a country fan) ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm always up for havin' my horizons broadened. ;-)
ReplyDelete