Ok, I know y'all must be gettin' tired of hearin' about my dang bed but I really have to tell you one last thing and that's it, I promise.
As I've noted in other posts, sleep has been a real issue for me for several years. Go to sleep fine and do well for about 4 hours and then it was toss and turn and do the 'clock watch' thing. "If I go to sleep now, I'll have 3 more hours in." "If I go to sleep now, I'll have 2 hours in." And so on until the alarm went off. Great. Makes for a really long day afer that. And a very cranky and baggy eyed Deb.
At first I thought it was stress related from my job. But my job is stressful enough, and I've been doing it long enough, that it shouldn't be stressin' me as much anymore. And that's true now that I have the answer. YES, it's the bed! seriously. I mean SERIOUSLY. I didn't comment on it at first because I was scared that it was a passing thing and I didn't want to jinx it, but it's true. This bed has been my sleep salvation for what is it now? 2 weeks.
Honest, Gentle Reader, if I awaken in the night and have to use the facilities, I end up going right back to sleep which, (honest to The Diety at Hand) is a GREAT thing.
And that will be the end of the 'bed thing'. So if you find the jingle in your jeans to do it, go ahead; it's definitely worth the sheckels.
Thanks for listening.
A good bed is hard to find - glad you found yours.
ReplyDeleteI always thought I was a firm bed guy, but at the same time waking up with back aches. I have since bought a Sleep Number Bed and am in heaven. I'm a "45" which is soft ... go figure! I sleep for many hours without moving and wake up feeling great!
ReplyDeleteYou are right, stress can be a sleep killer, but a good bed that will cradle you like in yer momma's arms takes it all away!
ReplyDeleteMakes you wonder how people ever slept on corn shuck beds, no doubt they were meaner than a snake!
When I grow up I'm gonna get a bed; I've been sleeping on the couch for eight and a half years now. I sleep well, tho... the ability to sleep nearly anywhere, at any time, is a skill I acquired in the Air Force. I've been known to get four hours of good sleep on three wheeled gub'mint desk chairs lined up in a row, with my field jacket for a pillow.
ReplyDeleteBut I'm glad ya found your solution, Deb. That's a great good thing!