I kind of thought about an iPad or an iPad2, a Netbook, Kindle (Kindle's just a reader, isn't it?) or a Blackberry Playbook.
Uses would include blogging (of course), reading the paper, the ocassional game, loading music on my iPod (loaded from a cd), nothing too heavy.
Ant thoughts on this one?
Kindle of course is just a reader (currently at least). But what the heck for the uses you've described I bet those of more knowledge than I will recommend a tablet of whatever flavor you chose. Whatever you decide make sure you shop Amazon. I've bought 2 computers on Amazon in the last year and no one was close in price. I'll be anxious to see what your buddies recommend. Dad
ReplyDeleteThe iPad has one massive drawback... it doesn't do Flash, which means no YouTube for YOU, iPad user. And Arturo is right... Kindles are "read only" devices (but I LURVE mine!). Netbooks are kinda cool, but they are VERY limited as to storage (most have really small hard drives) and come up short in other areas, like ports, as well. It all depends on what ya wanna DO with the thing, and how much ya wanna spend.
ReplyDeleteMy personal recommendation is a full-blown laptop. There are some really good ones out there for cheap (relatively speaking) these days.
Fergot one other thang. Doubtlessly on of The Chosen will come along and yell Mac! MAC! GET A MAC! And launch into one hellaciously loooong rant about the inherent superiority of the box, how they are ABSOLUTELY impervious to viruses (virii?), and other nastiness. Some of which is actually true.
ReplyDeleteThat said, Macs are horrendously EXPENSIVE for what ya get and you have to ask yourself... "Do I want to be one of THEM?" I'd still luv ya if you became "one of them," of course. Well, sorta.
Somehow I knew the 'sip of the koolade' would come of yu Buck.
ReplyDeleteI like my laptop, but it takes up so much room on the table (I don't have a separate desk to work off of) and it annoys me when I have company over to dinner (ya right, like that happens a lot).
FRIGGEN BLOGGER! I CAN'T EVEN COMMENT TO MY OWN F**KIN' BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!