"Courage is being afraid and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Scotty McReery
I don't, as a rule, watch American Idol, but when they started talking about the 'country singer' on the radio and how he kept on advancing through every performance I had to tune in to the final and watch. The hockey gane was on that night and the first performer on Idol was Lady Gag (misspelling intentional), back to the hockey game. Then there were a bunch of performances by the losers people that were voted off the island, back to the hockey game. The runner-up (Lauren something-or-other) sang with Carrie Underwood, who was a winner a couple of years ago (we'll have to see how that works out for her{Ms. Underwood, that is}) and then Scotty sang with Tim McGraw. Wow, the kid can sing a little. Have a listen to his first single.
The thing that I like about this is that it's an original song, not a karaoke version of someone else's music, which is probably why I don't usually watch Idol.
I think this kid's going to go somewhere in the industry.
Back to the hockey game? As if there was sumthin' ELSE in life besides hockey? Oh, my. It's stunned I am. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI put that up wrong. Hockey game first, check on Idol, back to the hockey game. Definitely more hockey than Idol karaoke.
ReplyDeleteGood sound. At first I thought it was Alan Jackson.
ReplyDeletePretty good stuff! I don't watch Idol either.
ReplyDelete