Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quote from Jim Rohn


"Treat your body like a temple, not a woodshed. The mind and body work together. Your body needs to be a good support system for the mind and spirit. If you take good care of it, your body can take you wherever you want to go, with the power and strength and energy and vitality you will need to get there." —Jim Rohn

5 comments:

  1. I treated my body like a temple... I burned lotsa incense in it, gave it frequent offerings of animal sacrifices (and ONE virgin), and held wild orgiastic rituals frequently. Look where THAT got me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buck, you crack me up. Only ONE virgin????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. At my age, I feel like my temple is crashing down on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One was enough, Deb. MORE than enough, considerin' the guilt that came with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote. And there's truth in it. But I'm reminded of the great runner, Jim Fixx who did as much to make running a popular thing to do in the US as anyone, and who ran miles and miles and was in just about as good shape as a man can be, but who died around the age of 50. Bad genes. Seems his father had a bad heart too and died around the age of 40. But maybe Jim's running kept him going longer and gave him that extra 10 years.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but also remember that as bad as I can be, my niece may be reading this so behave!