I left an electrical contractor that had 60 guys in the field and came to a smaller company that has 30 (or so). I was the estimator, as in the only one, which can be a little stressful when you envision 60 guys standing across your desk saying "I'm hungry" and KNOW that they're counting on you to keep them working.
The company that I'm at had 11 (count 'em, 11) construction jobs last year. So far this year, I've brought in 14 and the lads have had to hire 10 apprentices to work on jobs that will carry us in to the new year.
GO ME!
Bitchin'!
ReplyDeleteFeels good, eh?
You the woman!
ReplyDeleteVERRAH cool. Where's the raise? ;-)
ReplyDeleteDon't know about a raise, but I sould have a hellofa bonus this year.
ReplyDeleteNothing like building your own job security. Good job, well done!
ReplyDeleteNot bad for the daughter of a "beaner" dog walker in sw Mexico. Maybe they're gonna have to let you ram rod a few of those jobs just so they'll get done.
ReplyDeleteDad, I'm co-running one starting right away. Site meeting this afternoon. Maybe the boss that I'm running it with will just hand me the reins after a week or so. Got a large warehouse project in the pipeline that we're waiting for word on that I'd really like to run. We'll see.
ReplyDeleteGreat work, Deb! Nothing better than good hard, productive work to make someone feel good. Remember those old ads (Buck mentioned them recently) that said "It's Miller Time" after a job was done? I think in your case, it's that time. You deserve a bonus and a raise.
ReplyDeleteThere are some very grateful guys working with you.
ReplyDelete