Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm almost embarrassed......

To be Canadian right now.
After the love-in that was the winter Olympics in Vancouver, some major IDIOTS decided to riot last night after the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup Final.  While some of the fans were respectfully in their seats giving the Bruins their due, stores were looted, cars burned and flipped over and just major chaos and mayhem.
What gives you the right to tar our great nation and your beautiful city over a hockey game?

How 'bout you try growing up.


(Photo courtesy of the Calgary Herald)

4 comments:

  1. The times they are a changin. What is wrong with people now a days. I could write a 300 page book on the differences between now and when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I saw this last evening as I was reading the early press and felt bad for ya, Deb. ALL Canadians, actually.

    The fans in Rogers Arena showed a LOT o' class after the game. I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Deb, don't be embarrassed. Assholes are everywhere.

    Like I told Buck, it reminds me of Starkville the year Mississippi State made the Final Four.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy said it right. There are crazy people all over the world.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but also remember that as bad as I can be, my niece may be reading this so behave!