Thursday, May 26, 2011

Uh-Oh

It's starting to look like shades of 2005.  The snow finally stopped, it hasn't really got warm yet and it's started to rain.  At first it was a gentle rain (but chilly) and then it started in earnest.  Rainfall warning of up to 3" in 24 hours and the snowpack hasn't started to melt yet but will with all the rain on it.  Flood watches issued for much of southern Alberta.
The good parts?  The grass is really green and I no longer have to worry about being in the flood path.

Maybe I should borrow Buck's rubber ducks.  ;)

UPDATE 06:45
High River declared a state of emergency last night and ended up with a lot of volunteers sorking through the noght sandbagging.  Heavy raifall warning is still in effect for most of souther Alberta.

5 comments:

  1. Your comment at Buck's cracked me up. Not sure why, but maybe it was the mental image of him in a tub with a cigar making quacking noises.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inno, that same pic was running through my head at the same time. Beer in one hand, cigar in the other and both feet sticking out the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they wre pink flamingos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh. All y'all are pretty funnn-eee. Really. Srsly.

    Full disclosure: I HAVE stretched out in a hot tub with beer and cigar on a few occasions. But that was back when I moved in different circles than I do now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buck, the visual was right there, had to run with it. And with me, if the door's open might's well go through!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but also remember that as bad as I can be, my niece may be reading this so behave!