Wednesday, May 4, 2011

from my email inbox this morning

Thanks Dad

Ever wonder?

Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

Do sheep get static cling when they rub against one another?

If love is blind, how can we believe in love at first sight?

If you dig a tunnel straight through the earth, will you come out with your feet first?

Do skunks think people smell bad?

Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?

If there's an exception to every rule, is there an exception to that rule?

What is a male ladybug called?

If croutons are stale bread, why do they come in airtight packages?

How come people tell you to stay a kid for as long as you can, yet the moment you do anything childish or immature they tell you to grow up?

Why is it called "after dark," when it is really after light?

Why is a Nautical mile shorter than a land mile?

If you were on a plane going the speed of sound and walked from the back of the plane to the front, would you be walking faster than the speed of sound?

And my own personal ones:

Why do clothing manufacturers place a tag at the neck and right at the waistband so it irritates the hell out of you all day?

Why do dog food manufacturers keep making the size of the bag smaller and keep charging the same price?  Do they think that their customers are stupid?

7 comments:

  1. Ha, amazing what you think up when you stop to ask questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange how we always take things at face value, with out questioning!
    I enjoyed all of these. Good point about the label on the back of the neck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've hit upon one of my pet peeves. I can't stand those tags in clothing. The first thing I do, when I'm able to do so without ruining a garment, is remove the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm... I think a nautical mile is longer than a land mile. At least it useta be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dammit, Deb! I'll be on this one all day...

    What is a male ladybug called?

    I know that there is a fabulously funny answer in there somewhere...just not quick enough to bring it.

    I'll get back with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buck, I didn't write them, I just put them up. (and I learned my one new thing for the day)

    TAGS are the absolute worst, I've had a thing about them since childhood. My mom still tells stories about me saying "Picky mom, picky" until she removed the offending thing.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but also remember that as bad as I can be, my niece may be reading this so behave!