Glad you asked, but first I have to tell you that I finally leapt into the digital age so will have more pictures up. My truck as finally paid off last August so I had more jingle in my jeans and could afford to go kinda nuts this spring so I bought some annuals and some perennials (the perennials so I just have to fill in the blanks next year even though I rent).
![]() |
| a couple of these beauties |
any ideas?
A couple of small roses. Not sure if they'll survive the winter, but we'll give it a shot.
Bachelor buttons. Apparently they come in annual and perennial varieties, not sure what these are.
This pair of beauties was purchased for me by TFHU after we had to have Buddy put down (the little dog in my profile picture). I call them my pet memorials.
I added a couple of hanging baskets late in the year. They're not doing too well, but that's what you get when things are discounted.
Because my deck is on the west side of the house, it gets hotter 'n hell out there in the afternoon, so of course I had to purchase some shade. Went with a proper gazebo the first year I was here but it never made it through the winter, so late last summer I bought a car shelter and have dolled it up with my chili-pepper lights (thanks Karen) and a couple of hurricane candle holders. Add some blue rope light around the railing, outdoor speakers and we be stylin'. The only complaint I get from the neighbors about my music is that it's not loud enough.










Love your pictures but where's the cooler? Yeah I know next week is Sept. and the cooler is pretty damn close. Dad
ReplyDeleteCanada has the most beautiful flowers ever.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant! You do good work, Deb.
ReplyDeleteAs for the guessing game... I think that looks like a snapdragon.
Dad, no cooler required, the fridge (which is kept VERY cold, is just steps away in the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteLou, there really ARE some lovely ones around, I just have to find a better supplier. The local Rona's selection really sucked this year.
Why thank ya Buck. I would agree with you one the snapdragon but I don't think they usually come that bushy. Will gooble them and see.
They do look like snapdragon flowers, but not the plant. I asked The Mrs., and she said it almost looks like Oregano...but not quite.
ReplyDeleteDeb, the chilli pepper lights are just fabulously ghetto! Love 'em!!!
Is the top one an Amaryllis? We have the most fabulous amaryllis planted in the side bed. Just fantastic!
Good pictures, too. Ain't technology grand?
Deb, the chilli pepper lights are just fabulously ghetto! Love 'em!!! LOL! I got them from my sister one year for Christmas and anytime I've had an outdoor shelter they've had a home there.
ReplyDeleteThe top photo is some sort of lily as are the long green ones in my planters. I know, shoulda kept the plastic doodads.
I don't think that amaryllis would make it in this climate, they're only sold around Christmas as potted plants.
Tehcnology is SO grand, wait 'til I get to the post of a recent road trip.
Deb, it sure looks like an Amaryllis...but, what do I know?
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the road trip pitchers. Where'd ya' go?
South and west to the Bar U Ranch. Quite the story and great pics.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward at it!
ReplyDeleteIn my brain there is a vast storehouse of seemingly trivial yet actually useless information. I pretty much know everything about everything.
ReplyDelete'Cept flowers. Don't know diddly/squat 'bout 'em. They look nice when someone else is around to take care of them. Beyond that they are a mystery.
Inno is always so helpful.
ReplyDeleteOh crap! Word verification: Innized
Sigh.
BTW, before I hit "publish your comment," I must send out a true LOL!
Bar U Ranch...Nyuk!!!
I can't help you here. I'm on of those people that have a "yard" instead of a "lawn". I have one plant. I have had it for years and I cannot kill it!
ReplyDeleteThey are nice to look at though!
Keads, I have one plant. I have had it for years and I cannot kill it! and now that I've moved in to the city I can't keep a house plant alive to save my life.
ReplyDeleteBTW Keads, welcome aboard, glad to have you.
ReplyDelete