Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A couple of songs

I don't know where you stand on performer's politics, but to me they should keep their politics to themselves.  Quite some time ago there was a shit-show about the Dixie Chicks's Natalie Maynes remarking that she was embarrased that the president of the United States was from Texas which, as far as I'm concerned, is her right.  Is she not a citizen of the United States of America which was founded on the right to free speech?  That total arrogant ass Toby Keith weighed in and a war ensued which totally ruined The Chicks' career.  After a rather lengthy hiatus the Dixie Chicks came out with the following song.


And then, shortly after, came this one from Toby Keith.  A rebuttal perhaps?

3 comments:

  1. That is the thing about freedom - you can say what you want to say, and you can pick and choose who you listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't let an artist's politics affect my love of their music. Usually. But I HAVE avoided going to concerts where I KNOW I'll be subjected to in-between-song rants.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but also remember that as bad as I can be, my niece may be reading this so behave!