Wednesday, August 3, 2011
The 'net's supposed to be faster isn't it?
Been having some 'female issues' that required a trip to the doctor who decided that I needed to go for some tests. She gave me the requsition forms and there were phone numbers and websites listed to make the appointments. I got on the 'net and started to make the appointment for the blood work. 10 minutes and 6!, count 'em 6, windows open later, the appointment was made. There wasn't a website listed for the other test I needed to book so I picked up the phone. In less than 2 minutes the appointment was booked and then I recieved a very nice confirmation call from them the day before my appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like the 'Net is picking up some bad habits from the Feds (Canadian or US, pick your poison!)
ReplyDeleteHope the med issues get resolved quickly. Take care.
Sounds like the 'Net is picking up some bad habits from the Feds (Canadian or US, pick your poison!)
ReplyDeleteI think I'll stick with my Canadian ones thanks Dan. Now that there's a majority government the in-fighting and back-biting have pretty much stopped.
I always use the phone or do these things in person; I have a "real person" fetish.
ReplyDeleteGosh I thought we had it tough down here in the old 3rd world. You just walk in tell 'em what you want including x ray if applicable, step around the curtain have tests, go out front and pay and they hand you the test and the xray and adios. Now trot on down to the Doc or the drugstore.
ReplyDeleteI'm kind of old fashioned myself. I want to see or hear a person's voice when handling that sort of thang.
ReplyDeleteI would rather a real person too, but when I picked up the phone to book the blood work all I got was a recording to go to the website. That made me cuss.
ReplyDelete