I attended a lighting seminar this afternoon that was put on by one of the electrical distributors here in town. It was pretty interesting and there was quite a bit of information about LED lighting and retrofits for parking lot lighting and parking garage lighting that could be very useful for some of the car dealerships that we have as customers. Don't go out and buy any yet, the technology isn't quite there yet (for residential use) and the price is coming down.
When it was over I ran into a guy that I worked with at the last contractor's that I was with and we started talking. It was good to see him, but (big but) he had taken a run at the old cougar when we worked together and I came to the conclusion that if we were in a relationship, I'd have to kill him. I don't think that I've ever met anyone who had owned their own business that was as disorganized as he was! As my neice would say 'Oh My Grapes!'. He spent more time running around the city being unproductive and losing paperwork than you could shake a stick at. And forgetful? Oh my. I had pointed out to him that it really wasn't a good idea to even go out once as we worked together and then had to do it again on a couple more occasions. So what to do when he asked me for my number? EEK. Being the polite person that I am, I gave it to him, but now what?
On a different note, I realized the other day on my way home that the leaf buds on the trees are thickening. Even as I look out my dining room window as I type, I can see it and I've seen a couple of flocks of geese coming back (I'm fairly certain that they aren't any of the resident flocks that stay here, though I haven't stopped any of them to ask). Yes, it's only February and I'll get lots of argument that winter isn't over yet. You're right. But spring, she's a-comin'. YIPPEE! And no, it's got nothing to do with global warming. I'm just paying attention, and after the winter we've had I'm glad to see it. I think that I might even plant some flowers this year now that the truck is paid off and I have a little more jingle in my jeans.
We're going with LED in all our new build projects. Seattle City Light offers some good rebates, so it's worth the upfront costs.
ReplyDeleteHorses are starting to shed, so yep, Spring is on the horizon.
Bummer about the car guy. Awkward situation there. As for the disorganization, I hope he had a good secretary! And I hope you're right about spring. I haven't had time to walk around outside and check our trees and bushes for buds yet. I usually notice buds on the awful hackberry trees that hang over our deck first, but so far, they seem to be holding back.
ReplyDeleteChange your number before I call.
ReplyDeleteBR
ReplyDeleteThe technology is there for commercial applications but definitely not for residential. It's coming though.
Dan
'Twas very awkward. Might have to go into serious screening mode. He's a nice-enough guy, but I'm so very organized both at home and at work that we'd be done before we got started. He's very easily distracted by shiny objects.
Odie
You cheek! ;)
I gave it to him, but now what?
ReplyDeleteWell, does he make ya laugh? He might be good as a "once in a while" kinda thang. Not every relationship has to be a lifetime deal, yanno? But I'll admit people of your gender tend to see "things" differently in this space.
No evidence of Spring here on The High Plains of New Mexico yet. other than me blasting around town with the top down.
Well, does he make ya laugh? He might be good as a "once in a while" kinda thang. Only AT him Buck. And a once in a while thang would only encourage him!
ReplyDelete