Because Rogers has the rights to the Flames games here in town, they seem to put all of the games on Sportsnet West (which I don't get with the basic cable that I subscribe to) so I had to resign myself to watching the basketball game between the Habs and the Blackhawks. I know, hockey, but when there are 8 goals scored in the second period it sure seems like basketball. It was a fairly good game otherwise and the old Original Six rivalry raised its ugly head and tempers flared later on with some all-in fights starting. At one point, there were 11 players in the penalty box and even the goalies got into it. EEK! While I was watching, the scrolling stats at the bottom of the screen showed that my Flames were holding their own against the Senators and that Buck's Red Wings were getting thumped by Dan's Predators (gasp! again!) that's twice in a week.
Final score Hawks over Habs 8-6
Predators over Red Wings 4-1
And best of all? My flames beat the Senators 5-2. Yay. They had a 6 game win streak, lost one and then got back on and won another. Looks to me like they've pretty much turned things around.
UPDATE 16:40
Uh oh, looks like Buck's Wings are in for more trouble from Dan's Predators!
The Ottawa Senators officially began the team rebuild on Thursday, by trading centre Mike Fisher to the Nashville Predators.
The Senators will receive the Predators' first-round pick in the 2011 National Hockey League entry draft and a conditional pick in 2012.
A 30-year-old native of Peterborough, Ont., Fisher has scored 14 goals and 10 assists in 55 games this season. One of the most popular players in Senators' history, Fisher is in his 11th season with Ottawa.
Fisher, who is married to music star Carrie Underwood, was originally drafted by Ottawa 44th overall in the 1998 draft.
“We were seeking a top-six forward and Mike Fisher was the player we set our sights on,” said Predators president of hockey operations/general manager David Poile. “He plays playoff-style hockey all season long. He plays on the power play, kills penalties, is strong on draws and can match up against any opposing line.”
Read more
Sorry, I'm a football fan, and my season ended last Sunday. In six months it will start over.
ReplyDeleteLosing three of the last four... I will not panic. I will NOT panic. I will NOT PANIC. I WILL NOT PANIC!
ReplyDeleteDammit.
Kinda wondered how long it would take for you to check in on that one!
ReplyDeleteSorry bud, couldn't resist poking the bear.
I very discreetly refrained from noting this on my own blog. I know Buck is a sensitive guy. But, even with Fisher, I'm afraid come playoff time, the Preds will go south. Wait! They're already south. They'll go further south. At least that's their history. I'm a Cubs fan too, and always expect the worst.
ReplyDeleteNah Dan, have faith. I'm not sayin' that Fisher is the second coming or anything like that, they're just doing very well this year and I look forward to Flames/Predators in the playoffs!
ReplyDelete