Thursday, November 17, 2011

An hour ago...

I stepped outside for a smoke and saw 10 flocks of geese beatin' the feet to get the hell out of Dodge.  I just now (an hour later) saw another 9 flocks.

Winter, she's a comin'

8 comments:

  1. Yes it is! 75F high temp yesterday here, first frost tonight and high somewhere in the 50's tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forecast of a high of -14*C for the next three days, smart birds. Somehow they know better than we do (or I wonder if they've been listening to the radio?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those geese consider my neighborhood "south." There are gazillions of 'em arriving down here. They hang out all winter and fly in all different directions. It's funny when one flock flying one direction encounters another flock going a different direction - some of the geese decide to "change teams".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, flocks of geese have made it as far south as Louisiana already. I watched a couple of Vs pass yesterday.

    And, the blackbirds are as thick as soup right now passing through.

    Yep! Winter is coming. Had a tiny frost this morning. Have I ever mentioned that I hate cold weather? Yeah...I think I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The geese are a whole lot smarter than the occutards down at Olympic Plaza, at least they know when to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy, you think you hate cold. I dislike it so much I left Canada 13 yrs. ago this week and have never been back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bite yer tongue Birthday Girl!

    There's no need to get all foul and throwing that 'W' word around. We've had it great so far. A true blessing (and compensation for mulitple previous bad seasons). I see no reason why it can't continue just the way it's been.

    Now nod your head and be positive. ;->

    Luv ya'

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but also remember that as bad as I can be, my niece may be reading this so behave!