Just looked and we've hit 4,000 page views, this is my 200th post. Will have a look and see if I can figger out who number 4,000 was.
Our visitor # 4,000 came over from Buck's, so we'll give him the win.
In other stuff, one of my bosses** (I have 2, they're partners) walked in to my office this morning and asked me for the file on that job I quoted.
Me: Which one? (I've put out numbers for over 100 jobs since I've been here)
Him: The one to [general contractor's name redacted]
Me: Do we have a job name?
Him: Well you know the one.
We got it sorted out but specifics are so VERY handy!
** Herein after referred to as 'The Lads'.
While we're discussing work...
Flip-flops should be banned from the work place. Out of an office of 5, 3 wear them during the summer, 2 of those consistently. That incessant slap, salp, slap is enough to make me wanna reach out and touch someone (if'n ya know what I'm on about).
I was watching the British show, "Reggie Perrin", last night. Great comedy. Anyway, he was made Chief Exec of his company and one of the first things he did was order hundreds of pairs of slippers to be placed in the office and used by whomever wanted them. Now THAT would be great!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Deb!
ReplyDeleteJim anything taht gets rid of that damn-bloody slap, slap, slap before I do some slapping of my own. I have a boot that squeaks when it's damp out and that makes me crazy enough.
ReplyDeleteThanks Odie. :)
Several years ago there was a photo of some women's softball team (I think it was softball) that visited Pres. Bush at the White House. There was lots of upset folk because many of the girls were wearing flip-flops (not dressy enough for the WH). My thought was that for young girls flip-flops were very fashionable, but for men or older women, they tend to look a bit sloppy. No matter what, they are not safe - and as you mentioned "safety first, missy."
ReplyDeleteLou I worked with a gal who threw out every pair of flip-flops in her house after one of her daughters tried to run to catch the bus, fell and broke her ankle. Forever banned in her house after that.
ReplyDeleteOur visitor # 4,000 came over from Buck's, so we'll give him the win.
ReplyDeleteWhut? I actually won sumthin', anything? I'm glad I was sitting down...
What'd I win?
As for the flip-flops... may I suggest a Strategic Klutz Program? As in: step on the offender's toes a few times, HARD. Always say "Oh! Excuse me! That wouldn't have hurt if you had SHOES on." and repeat as required.
Whut? I actually won sumthin', anything? I'm glad I was sitting down...
ReplyDeleteWhat'd I win? Honorable mention? I'll have to have a look around and see what I can find. ;)
Thanks for the suggestion on getting rid of the dreaded f-fs. Since I mostly wear lace-up ropers, I just might have to take that for a test-drive!
Yay! Getting Traffic! And Buck is good at rustling up readers!!!!!
ReplyDelete