Monday, September 13, 2010

the stinky end

Ever since I got my first pomeranian I've pretty much had a dog sleeping on the bed.  After that one passed away, I tried to get Harley to sleep with me but she did such a waltzing Matilda act, that I had to kick her off.  The Buddha never did learn to get on the furniture never mind the bed, but she was big enough that maybe that was a good thing.  Buddy came to live with us shortly after Piggy passed so I once again had a little bed partner.  One of the things that I could never figure out was why the stinky end always ended up facing me and not the other way.  I had an AHA moment in the shower the other day that explains the whole nine yards.  I got the stinky end because the head end was facing the bedroom door in case of attack from the dragons.  PHEWF, at least I know I'm covered.  The only one so far that hasn't consistently given me the stinky end is Jazz.  She most often ends up curled up on the passenger side pillow, sometimes the stinky end to me, and sometimes crossways, back to the pillow and kicking me.  'Course she only seems to do that when she's had too many beers. (just kidding, she doesn't even like the smell of it)

I used to lift the covers up when it was cold and ask the Pig if she was cold and invite her under the covers.  It got to the point where all I had to do was lift the covers and ask her if she was cold and she'd bail in and stay there all night.  And they say that a hot brick is the best bed warmer around!  I ended up with some kind of wicked flu once that laid me out for 4 days.  She stayed in bed with me the whole time.  We'd get up to go to the bathroom and then straight back to bed.  Actually all of them are the same way.  If I'm not feeling well they seem to know it and stick by me until I'm feeling better.  Get up, go to the bathroom, and then down the hall to get back to bed.
Niki and Jazz have it figured out that if I get up and don't put my bathrobe on and then just let them out, it's back to bed with us.  They go out, drop their butts and then right back to the door to come in.  They don't even stop to have a drink of water and usually beat me down the hall to the bedroom.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Only Oliver's allowed on the bed here...but I guess that's because the other two are way to big to be on the bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that made me laugh! So funny that I'm reading it today. My Mom send me a picture of my childhood dog Brandi (min. dachsund) this morning. The first time ever and I had a long ahhhh! moment and saved it to my desktop background. He was just he coolest thing with 'stinky end' stories of his own that I've been remenicing about for the past hour. Then reading this was just the icing on top! What a nice trip down memory lane. Thanks Deb

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but also remember that as bad as I can be, my niece may be reading this so behave!