Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seems like a rant day

Seems to be a whole lot of ranting going on all over the blogoshere today, so I might as well chime in too and get this off my chest before I 'splode.
It started to rain here last night 'round 8, and southern Alberta being southern Alberta, turned in to snow.  Yup, 8" of that heavy, wet, heart atack inducing white crap.  While Andy is putting up pics of flowers and making the rest of jealous, and Buck is showing off his nekkid feet, THIS is what I woke up to this morning.

The deck was clear of snow yesterday, Gentle Reader.

Someone make it stop!
Beer me!

7 comments:

  1. Oh isn't that just the most beautiful sight ... I'm ducking and running now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the ranting is contagious. On the bright side, a good snowpack means you won't have to worry about a drought, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second one is for YOU, Deb. It's the last of the Sammy Adams Winter Lager (which is actually a bock), so you WILL enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'll play your game, and make it stop.

    STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    That should do it.

    Deb, I appreciate the linkage, but you really shoulda mentioned that my feet are more attractive than Buck's.

    Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to work with a fellow from Edmonton, he said the summers in Alberta were beautiful, all 10 days of them!
    Kinda like Michigan, where I grew up, snow until early May some years.
    Crappy day here on the ridge as well, rain and cold, yesterday 72 and clear. Crazy weather indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Odie some times you can be SUCH a cheek. Good thing my throwing arm ain't what it used to be.

    Inno, we don't have to worry about a drought but I am getting concerned about flooding. Good thing I moved.

    Buck, thank you. I feel immensely better.

    Andy it didn't. Forecast for a couple more inches over night. Our usual for April is 2", so far we've beat hell out of that one.

    Scooney that's Edmonton. Here it's 6 months of winter and 6 months of really tough dog-sledding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! Deb, you wrote to Scooney, "Here it's 6 months of winter and 6 months of really tough dog-sledding."

    Reminds me of when I moved to Central Louisiana from NW Louisiana several years ago (they're like two different countries). I told a guy, "Well, you know, Louisiana has two seasons, Summer, and February." He said, "Andy, now you ain't even got February."

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but also remember that as bad as I can be, my niece may be reading this so behave!